About K & J Metal Refinishers
At K&J, we are a family-owned business that "Strives for Quality." Our business offers a wide range of metal refinishing services. My father and I both started at a musical instrument factory learning the polishing, buffing and tumbling processes.
As my foreman, my father trained me to be the second half of a very productive team. After his retirement, I learned the art of metal plating -- indoor and outdoor household items, car, motorcycle and boat parts. From there, I began playing golf. Having my deep-rooted interest in refinishing, I purchased a used set of clubs and applied my craftsmanship to them. In the midst of our 14th year of refinishing golf irons and putters, we average 320 units a month. Now, it's my turn to pass the craft of refinishing down to my son.
Metal Polishing Steps
Metal refinishing at affordable prices. We can refinish your items to renew the original look or to create an antique effect.
- We begin with a thorough cleaning. All existing lacquer and coatings are completely removed.
- After the thorough cleaning, if required, it is completely disassembled.
- They are then visually inspected for blemishes and defects.
- Repairs are performed as needed.
- Items are then hand or power buffed. Specially formulated buffing compounds are used to produce a brilliant finish. We use buffing compounds that are optimized for the specific type of material your item is made of.
- After plating the item can be polished or antiqued as required. The item can then be lacquered to provide a resilient final finish.
Get metal polishing done to your parts today. Fill out our quote form or call us at 440-942-2467 to get your parts scheduled.
We specialize in the polishing, buffing and lacquering of a wide variety of parts and can provide metal restorating cleaning.
Additional services include indoor and outdoor household items including home hardware, handrails, lamps, candlesticks, chandeliers and much more. We copper, nickel and chrome plate, and even do minor repairs when necessary. No polishing job is too small!
Our combined years of experience allow us to provide the quality you deserve. We will even do minor repairs when necessary to give your piece a quality look.
We expertly supply all types of golf club refinishing including irons, metal woods and most putters. We check the condition of your club and can perform many types of golf club repair. Are you taking adequate care of them? Clubs that are well maintained will function better, plus a well-cared-for appearance will boost confidence!Golf Club Refinishing Gallery
We can do all your boating parts including helmsman wheel, compass, portholes, cleats, bells, horns, and even the anchor. If re-plating is what you need, we copper, nickel and chrome plate.
Why Choose K & J?
- Quick Turnaround
- 35+ Years of Experience
- Free Quotes
- Local Pickup and Delivery
Boating Refinishing Gallery
- We specialize in the polishing, buffing and lacquering of a wide variety of parts. Some of which are home hardware, handrails, lamps, candlesticks, chandeliers and much more. View some of our work at our Home Fixtures Gallery. We copper, nickel, chrome plate, and even do minor repairs when necessary…
- WE NO LONGER PROVIDE BRASS PLATING
Home Fixtures Refinishing Gallery
Our 35+ years of experience allows us to provide the quality you deserve. We are unable to work on site.
Click on the navigation links at the top to view the services we provide. Fill it out the form below. We will get back to you with a, (FREE) quote using our online form.
Our AddressK & J Metal Refinishers LLC.
9401 Mentor Ave. #304
Mentor, OH 44060
Sorry, no walk-ins.
Get a Quote